Molar mass of C6H12O6 (Glucose) is 180.1559 g/mol
Convert between C6H12O6 weight and moles
Elemental composition of C6H12O6
|Element||Symbol||Atomic weight||Atoms||Mass percent|
|Computing molar mass step by step|
First, compute the number of each atom in C6H12O6:
C: 6, H: 12, O: 6
Then, lookup atomic weights for each element in periodic table:
C: 12.0107, H: 1.00794, O: 15.9994
Now, compute the sum of products of number of atoms to the atomic weight:
Molar mass (C6H12O6) = ∑ Counti * Weighti =
Count(C) * Weight(C) + Count(H) * Weight(H) + Count(O) * Weight(O) =
6 * 12.0107 + 12 * 1.00794 + 6 * 15.9994 =
|Mass percent composition||Atomic percent composition|
|Glucose is a white crystalline solid with a sweet taste.|
Sample reactions for C6H12O6
Formula in Hill system is C6H12O6
Computing molar mass (molar weight)To calculate molar mass of a chemical compound enter its formula and click 'Compute'. In chemical formula you may use:
Examples of molar mass computations:
- Any chemical element. Capitalize the first letter in chemical symbol and use lower case for the remaining letters: Ca, Fe, Mg, Mn, S, O, H, C, N, Na, K, Cl, Al.
- Functional groups: D, Ph, Me, Et, Bu, AcAc, For, Ts, Tos, Bz, TMS, tBu, Bzl, Bn, Dmg
- parantesis () or brackets .
- Common compound names.
Molar mass calculator also displays common compound name, Hill formula, elemental composition, mass percent composition, atomic percent compositions and allows to convert from weight to number of moles and vice versa.
Computing molecular weight (molecular mass)
To calculate molecular weight of a chemical compound enter it's formula, specify its isotope mass number after each element in square brackets.
Examples of molecular weight computations:
Definitions of molecular mass, molecular weight, molar mass and molar weight
Weights of atoms and isotopes are from NIST article.
- Molecular mass (molecular weight) is the mass of one molecule of a substance and is expressed in the unified atomic mass units (u). (1 u is equal to 1/12 the mass of one atom of carbon-12)
- Molar mass (molar weight) is the mass of one mole of a substance and is expressed in g/mol.
Related: Molecular weights of amino acids